Q – How Do I Buy Bitcoin?
A: The most common way to get Bitcoin or any Altcoin is via an exchange. Simply open up an account and purchase with your credit card. With the growing worldwide market and demand for Bitcoin it’s becoming easier everyday to find reliable sources to purchase Bitcoin. Just remember you will need to set up a wallet first.
Then go to an online exchange and purchase Bitcoin at the market price being offered. Note: if you are buying a large amount you may want to use an alternate method than the large exchanges as they will likely have temporary purchase amounts if you are a first time buyer. This just means more fee’s due to more transactions.
We will go into more depth on this on future articles and pages, but for now:
A few good resources include…
- LocalBitcoins.com – You can meet someone face to face or use another form of payment to exchange for Bitcoin
- Coinbase.com – One of NorthAmerica’s largest Exchanges.
– A large network of ATM’s worldwide (also search any local Bitcoin ATM’s)
- Coins.ph – This is a great option for Philippines
- Bitpesa – Easy way to buy in Africa
- Or any exchange located in your country… There are now hundreds of them, just search locally