Andreas Antonopoulos is one of the leaders in the Bitcoin culture, but how does that happen in the decentralized cryptocurrency marketplace? Obviously, there is no Bitcoin CEO or high profile managers so just who is Andreas Antonopoulos and how has he become so well respected within the Bitcoin community?
As an educator, his message is concise and makes complex subjects accessible. Like many in the Bitcoin community, Mr. Antonopoulos cherishes the value of the decentralized nature of the Bitcoin network, educating the masses of the critical importance of this permissionless feature.
Nature doesn’t operate in centralized systems.
Decentralized systems allow one to operate at large scale and achieve consensus. As soon as the need for central authority goes away the sollutions that follow are extraordinary
He is undoubtedly someone who gets it. His position is highly informed and logically consistent while being fused intelligently with key emotional companions. Bitcoin puts financial control and accountability back into the hands of its users and Andreas Antonopoulos recognizes the brevity of this on the banking cartels and on the status quo. A very welcome disruption.
A technologist and serial entrepreneur; he is the author of two books: “Mastering Bitcoin”, an excellent technical guide and “The Internet of Money”, a book for those looking for an introduction to Bitcoin. Both books are excellent, but unless you have an interest in coding and programming stick to the internet of money, which helps the reader to understand the massive disruption and the depth of impact that the Bitcoin is likely to be.
Mr. Antonopoulos is an engaging public speaker. He presents a message as an educator making complex subjects accessible and easy to understand and, as such, is a frequent speaker at technology and security conferences worldwide.
His credentials are impressive:
- Started his first company, an early BBS, and proto-ISP, as a teenager in his home in Greece.
- Degrees in Computer Science, Data Communications and Distributed Systems from University College London (UCL)
- co-founded and managed a successful technology research company, advising dozens of Fortune 500 company executives on networking, security, data centers and cloud computing.
- He holds 2 patents in networking and security.
- Has over 200 articles published in print and syndicated worldwide, in the Security, cloud computing, and data centers niche.
- Has been teaching on various IT topics in private, professional and academic environments since 1990.
- He has more than a thousand speaking engagements under his belt, from boardrooms to conferences.
- Helped to develop the curriculum for “The Introduction to Digital Currencies course” with the University of Nicosia.
- Has been an expert witness at the Canadian Senate’s Commerce, Banking and Finance Committee, and Australian Senate’s Banking Committee.
- Serves on the Oversight Committee for the Bitcoin Reference Rate at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- Host on the popular Let’s Talk Bitcoin Podcast.
On top of all of this, he is a bitcoin entrepreneur having founded several bitcoin businesses and launched many community open-source projects. He also serves as an advisor to several bitcoin and crypto-currency companies helping startups evaluate, and navigate business and security and risks.
There are several lectures that can be found on youtube including the meeting with the Canadian Senate’s Commerce committee. We recommend that you watch a few of them. Andreas is an excellent spokesman for the introduction of Bitcoin into a much larger community of users.